Thursday, December 4, 2008

I played a guy in ping-pong who could beat me.

Don't worry, he didn't.
I mean, we were warming up, and I thought he could beat me. Then we played, and I beat him, so for those of you who are waiting for me to lose at a game of ping-pong, you're going to have to wait a little longer.

Somehow, the Chaplin tricked me into telling him I play the piano, and now I have to play this Sunday. I don't know how the guys in ministry can rope you so sneakily into their devices, but I appreciate it.

I was going to go to practice this past Wednesday night, after going to the gym. And I sprained my ankle playing basketball. So I had to hop all the way to the chapel. That was an experience in itself.

I'm learning about how God is worshiped in all circumstances.

Have you ever taken a rifle with you to church? Well, I have, and it's weird because no one looks at you weird when you bring in a rifle. And I can't help but imagine what in the first century people must have done. They were being persecuted not far from here, and I'm sure they came to church with a war plan. Or at least an escape plan. It's really interesting to think, and to be put in a position where your life is in danger, and still worship God.

God will be worshiped whether we feel good or not. Whether we sprain our ankle or not. Whether we are in danger or not. Whether we care or not. God is bigger than any of our human circumstances. How cool is that?

God is pretty cool this week in Iraq.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Bobby! Its Chase Aron Bonifay. I didnt even know you wrote in this thing until I saw your myspace thing, so... well... i got it bookmarked now. Prepare for a comment on every new blog! Bahaha

Good luck with everything, buddy. See ya when you get back. Love, Chase Bonifay